We are pleased to announce the new HF/ VHF/ UHF All Mode Portable Transceiver – FT-818.The new FT-818 incorporates all the attractive features of the ever-popular FT-817ND while providing upgrades desired by many existing owners.
The FT-818 provides 6W of solid output power with an external DC power source. The supplied Ni-MH battery pack (SBR-32MH) has been upgraded to now provide larger battery capacity – 9.6v/ 1900mAh. The recent launch of several new satellites is a certain indicator that the large global community of satellite enthusiast are going to be very delighted to learn that the FT-818 includes a Built-in TCXO-9 oscillator that gives the FT-818 fantastic frequency stability (±0.5ppm). 5MHz band (WRC-15 frequency) is also available with the new FT-818.
The FT-818 includes all the functions that are included in the FT-817ND: Dual VFOs; Split-Frequency operation; IF Shift; Clarifier “R.I.T”; IF Noise Blanker; RF Gain and Squelch control; IPO (Intercept Point Optimization); AM Aircraft reception; AM and FM Broadcast reception; VOX; Built-in Electronic Keyer; Adjustable CW Pitch; Automatic Repeater Shift (ARS); Built-in CTCSS Encoder/ Decoders; 208 memory channels with 10 memory groups; two antenna connectors; Automatic Power-Off (APO) and Time-Out-Timer(TOT) functions; and so on.
For any further details, please refer to the attached sheet.
The introduction of the FT-818 naturally means that we will be discontinuing the production of the FT-817ND.
We sincerely appreciate your long-term commitment to the FT-817ND, which made it such a steady seller for so many years. With the new upgrades, the new FT-818 is guaranteed to continue the success of the FT-817.
• Increased power output 6W (SSB, CW, FM) 2.0W (AM Carrier) NEW
• Improved frequency stability ±0.5 ppm: Built-in TCXO-9 NEW
• Larger battery capacity: 9.6V/1900mAh (SBR-32) NEW
• 5MHz band (WRC-15 + UK frequency) Operation available NEW
• 208 Memory Channels / 10 Memory Groups
• Operates on 160-10m, HF, 6m, 2m and 70 cm Bands
• Ultra-Compact and Portable
• Two Antenna Connectors
• IF Shift, IF Noise Blanker, IPO, ATT
• CW “Semi-Break-in”, CW Reverse, CW Pitch Control
• Built-in Electronic Keyer
• Multi-Colour Easy to see LCD
• Internal Battery Operation Capability
• ARS Automatic Repeater Shift
• APO Automatic Power Off
• Front Panel Key Lock Mode
Frequency Ranges: RX 100 kHz – 30 MHz
(Amateur Bands only) 50 MHz – 54 MHz
76 MHz – 108 MHz
87.5 MHz – 108 MHz
430 MHz – 440 MHz
TX 1.8 MHz – 54 MHz
C2 Version (5.2500 MHz – 5.4065 MHz) WRC-15 + UK
B2 Version (5.3515 MHz – 5.3665 MHz) WRC-15
144 MHz – 146 MHz
430 MHz – 440 MHz
Circuit Type: Double-Conversion Superheterodyne (SSB/CW/AM/FM)
Single-Conversion Superheterodyne (WFM)
Modulation Type: A1A(CW), A3E(AM), J3E(LSB, USB), F3E(FM), F1D(PACKET), F2D(PACKET)
RF Power Output: 6 W (SSB/CW/FM), 2 W (AM Carrier) @13.8 V
Memory Channels: 208
Case Size (W x H x D): 135 x 38 x 165 mm – w/o knob and connector
Weight: 900 g (w/o Battery, Antenna and Microphone)
• Hand Microphone(MH-31A8J)
• Battery (SBR-32 9.6V 1900mAh Ni-MH )
• Battery Case (FBA-28) (Requires 8 “AA: batteries)
• Whip Antenna for 50/144/430 MHz (YHA-63)
• DC Cable (E-DC-6)
• Shoulder Strap, Ferrite Core, Rubber Foot
• Operating Manual
• Battery Charger (PA-48U/C)