Oliver ON4EI/EI8GQB did not take part in the CQ WW DX SSB contest with EI7T due to a computer crash at the beginning of contest, causing him to lose everything he had prepared for the occasion.
The day after, he also paid 4 hours unexpected visit to emergency at the local Clonmel hospital late at night, thinking he was suffering from a heart attack.
But his heart was in good condition.
The extreme unease he was feeling was caused by a monoxide poisoning caused by the caravan heater despite an alarm equipment that did not worked.
It took him 3 days to fully recover, he dismantled the temporary antenna park – which he never really used. He spent 5 days to raise it and 3 days to remove it, for no show …
The only positive souvenir from his 2018 radio activity is this picture and maybe new ideas, as in every crisis there is opportunity !